OUR COOKIES POLICY
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Web cookies are small files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by a website when you visit it. They contain details of your browsing history on that website and distinguish you from other users.
Cookies send data back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or allow another website to recognise the cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device and, for instance, remember your preferences and generally improve your on line user experience.
1. To let you do things on our Website - for example, cookies enable you to move from page to page on the website.
2. To collect anonymous statistics - the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, it is really useful to see which pages of the website - and therefore which of our services - are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
3. To improve your experience of our website - for example, to prevent you having to re-enter details when you have already done so, or by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
4. Measuring how cost-effective our advertising is - we need to watch our advertising spend carefully. Cookies are used to help us see how many people who click our adverts go on to do something further and to help make advertising content more relevant to your interests.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY ESK GLAZING LIMITED
l. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information (in an anonymised form) with third parties for this purpose.
WEBSITE COOKIE ACCEPTANCE
TURNING COOKIES OFF
iPhone and iPad
We, Esk Glazing Limited are incorporated in Scotland carrying on as a business as suppliers of
glazing and uPVC products. The Company Number is 246419 and having its registered office at
Margaret House, Sir William Smith Road, Arbroath, Angus, DD11 3RD.
We want to give you the best possible experience to ensure that you enjoy our service today,
tomorrow, and in the future. ln order to provide our services to you and to promote our business,
we will need to collect and process certain personal information about you.
That said, your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously
important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use
your personal data - as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how
you choose to share your personal data.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with Esk
Glazing Ltd. The Policy applies to all Esk Products and Services.
We've done our best to write this policy in simple, clear terms, but if you're not familiar with
terms like personal information, cookies, IP address, pixel tags and browsers please contact our
Data Protection Officer. (Craig Irons) using the contact form provided on each page of our website
for further information.
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Esk Glazing Ltd is the data controller or
your personal data collected in connection with your use of our Website.
From time to time we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these
new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal
data we will provide you with mon: info1mation and additional terms or policies. Unless stated
otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to.
- l. Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons
- why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- 2. Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give
- you a great experience with Esk Glazing Ltd.
- 3. Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and
- process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you.
other pages of the Website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we
use it at all times. Continued use of the Website will constitute your agreement to any such
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PREFERENCES: GIVING YOU CHOICE AND CONTROL
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation
or "GDPR" gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we
have implemented additional transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of
those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to
• Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we
process about you;
• Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data
where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
• Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing
all or some of your personal data;
• Right to Object
o the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds
relating to your particular situation;
o the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing
• Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic
format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party's service; and
• Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a
decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the
decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation
to how Esk Glazing Limited uses your personal data, we provide you with access to the following:
• Notification Settings - allows you to choose which communications you receive from Esk
Glazing Ltd, manage your publicly available personal data, and set your sharing
Contacting Esk Glazing Limited's Data Controller Officer puts you in control of how Esk Glazing
Limited processes your personal data. If we send you electronic marketing messages based on
your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, respectively
withdraw such consent or declare your objection ("opt-out") at no cost. The electronic marketing
messages you receive from Esk Glazing Limited ( e.g. those sent via email) also will include an opt in opt out we provide to all
You can find out more about the GDPR rights described above an e c
Esk Glazing Limited users with respect to these. If you have any questions about your privacy,
your rights, or if you exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the 'Contact
Us' form on our website. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon
verification of your identity. lf you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you
can also contact and arc free to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office or your
local Data Protection Authority.
INFORMATION USE & COLLECTION
We may collect any or all of the information that you provide through the website dependent on
the type of transaction you enter into; including your name, address, contact number, e-mail
address and fax number, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that
may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
1. When you sign up for an Esk Glazing Limited Service - when you sign up to the
Esk Glazing Service, we collect certain personal data so you can use our Service
such as your email address, name, address and location.
2. Through your use of the Esk Glazing Service - when you use the Esk Glazing
Service, we collect personal data about your use of the Service, such as what
products you are interested in and or have purchased.
3. Personal data collected that enables us to provide you with additional
features/functionality - from time to time, you also may provide us with additional
personal data or give us your permission to collect additional personal data e.g. to
provide you with more products, features or functionality. We will not collect
photos, precise mobile device location, voice data, or contacts from your device
without your prior consent. You always will have the option to change your mind
and withdraw your consent at any time.
4. From third parties - we will receive personal data about you and your activity from
third parties, including advertisers and partners we work with in order to provide
you with the our Services. We will use this personal data either where you have
provided your consent to the third party or to Esk Glazing Limited to that data
sharing taking place or where Esk Glazing Ltd has a legitimate interest to use the
personal data in order to provide you with the Service.
We use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems,
research, data analysis, creating marketing and promotion models, improving the Esk Glazing
Service, and developing new features and functionality within Esk Glazing Limited.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance to the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This
safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain
information about your account details.
You will never be asked for card details as No credit card payments will be taken through our
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to, i.e. when it is necessary to:
• perform our contractual obligations towards you terms and conditions and our contract
• comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• pursue our legitimate interests ( e.g. conducting our business in an efficient, compliant and
profitable manner and the overall promotion of the business), and where your interests and
fundamental rights do not override these interests.
The interest of a third
• It may also become necessary to process your personal data ,or a third
Party will, we will also rely on our legitimate interests for the proper administration of our Website,
and to manage our operations (for example, maintaining appropriate records and databases).
We will use the information we collect about your use of our Website:
1. to administer our Website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis,
testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
and for your computer and/or your mobile device;
3. to help us improve and personalise our services;
4. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so;
5. as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
6. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to
deliver relevant advertising to you; and
7. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods
or services that may interest you or them.
If you have provided us with your individual contact details (for example, your personal email
address), we will rely on your consent to send you electronic communications such as emails with
information about our services.
If we hold your business contact details (for example, your work email address), we will rely on
legitimate interests of the business to send you electronic communications, but we will always
provide you with an option to opt out from future communications of this kind.
Some of the above grounds and purposes for processing will overlap and there may be several
grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or share your personal data with third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.
We may allow our staff, consultants, sub-contractors and/or external service providers acting on
our behalf, and our provider of payment services, to access and use your personal data for the
activities we have described above. We only permit them to use it to deliver the relevant service,
and if they apply an appropriate level of security protection.
We will share your personal information with the following third parties:
• other divisions within our Company;
• our agents and service providers;
• our regulators, including the Financial Conduct Authority;
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful
• in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of our business.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the
law. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take
appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow our third
party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to
process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We also reserve the right to disclose the information collected about you to our professional
advisors and/or if we, in good faith, believe it necessary to protect the personal safety of users or
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not
linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We may partner with another party to provide specific services. When you sign up for these
services, we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to
provide these services.
These parties are not allowed to use any personally identifiable information except for the purpose
of providing these services. We may also use such aggregated information and statistics for
monitoring the Website usage to help us develop the Website and our services and may
provide such aggregate anonymous information to third parties.
We may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for
example, if one of our suppliers or group companies is located outside the EEA. We will ensure
that any transfer of your data will be subject to appropriate safeguards, such as a European
Commission approved contract (if appropriate) that will ensure you have appropriate remedies in
the unlikely event of a security breach.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing
you with a satisfactory service. This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data
being collected about you and stored within our data systems.
We are committed to protecting our users' personal data. We implement appropriate technical and
organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note
that no system is ever completely secure. We have put in place these appropriate security measures
to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an
unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information
to those employees who have a business need to know.
We have implemented various procedures including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and
retention parameters to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal
data in our systems.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify
you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we
collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting
requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the
amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised
use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and
whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be
associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Once you are no longer our customer, we will retain and securely destroy your personal
information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Data from our website is stored on with a third party web-host (Fast Host), Google and on the Esk Glazing
Server, this information will only be stored for a maximum of 24 months.
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files known as "cookies" - that
holds information which allows our website to recognise your account. Our website takes
advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your
computer from accepting cookies, but if you do, certain functionality on the website may be
impaired. (Please see our cookies policy for further information)
with a good experience when you use the Website and also allows us to improve our Website. For
FSCS and FCA.
This Website runs under the registered companies house number of: ESK GLAZING LIMITED - Company number SC246419, and as such are:
- Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- We Are Credit Brokers and not a Lender.
- Esk Glazing is a trading name of Esk Glazing Limited (ESK GLAZING LIMITED - Company number SC246419, Esk Glazing Limited. Is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 735606. We are a credit broker not a lender and have a facility with one lender. Margaret House, Sir William Smith Road, Kirkton Industrial Estate, Arbroath, Angus. DD11 3RD. Tel: 01674 676158
The GDPR act entitles you to request a copy of any data held about you by this website’s news letter program. A small fee will be made payable in order to do so. If you would like a copy please contact the website’s owner/maintainer.
RESOURCES & FURTHER INFORMATION
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003